Consistently, World Kidney Day is celebrated on the second Thursday of March. This year, the day is being seen on March 11 around the world. In India, every year around two lakh individuals get kidney diseases and it’s hard to analyze it in its initial stage.
The target of celebrating the event is to spread awareness about the increasing number of individuals contracting kidney diseases across the world. The day features the requirement for the procedures for anticipation and the board of kidney illness. It additionally urges individuals to select regular screening and make changes for a healthy lifestyle.
History of World Kidney Day:
The first run through World Kidney Day was praised was in the year 2006. The raise awareness among individuals of kidney-related problems and treatment and the effect of kidney on our general health. The quantity of kidney disease patients and following passings have been expanding in our country. World Kidney Day is a global health campaign that carries focus to the significance of battling kidney disease.
Theme of World Kidney Day:
The theme of World Kidney Day 2021 is “Living Well with Kidney Disease“. World Kidney Day assists with decreasing the effect of kidney illness and related health problems. Early symptoms of kidney illness include loss of appetite, fatigue and frequent vomiting, decreased urination, sleepiness, itching, and muscle strain. Some of the causes are consumption of alcohol, lack of water, overeating meat, high salt, excessive smoking, excessive use of analgesics, and less urination.
Importance of World Kidney Day:
Kidneys are our body’s fundamental organs which filter the blood and help in passing waste as urine. The festival of World Kidney Day was first begun by the joint board of trustees of International Society of Nephrology and International Federation of Kidney Foundations. Consistently, health associations celebrate the day to assist individuals with forestalling kidney illness and furthermore educate them to avoid potential risk for a sound life. They coordinate missions to spread messages about kidney diseases, their prevention and cure.
Kinds of Kidney diseases:
Kidney diseases refers to the issue or condition that influences the kidneys. Various types of Kidney diseases are:
- Alport Syndrome
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- Fabry Disease
- Focal Segmental Glomerulosclerosis
- IgA Nephropathy (Berger’s Disease)
- Kidney Stones
- Chronic Kidney Disease
- Nephrotic Syndrome
- Polycystic Kidney Disease or PKD
Tips for a healthy kidney:
- Eat a balanced and healthy diet.
- Drink lots of water.
- Increase physical activity.
- diminish the cholesterol levels in the body.
- Keep high blood pressure under control.
- Diabetes patients should monitor their sugar levels.
- Don’t smoke or stop smoking.
- Add more fibers in the diet.
- Reduce the habit of drinking alcohol
- Reduce hypertension
- Reduce excess salt from the diet.
- Eat more fruits and vegetables.
- Dodgers’ Max Scherzer will not begin NLCS Game 6 vs. Braves - October 23, 2021
- Ellya Khadam: Google doodle celebrates 93rd birthday of Indonesian singer, songwriter, and actor - October 23, 2021
- ‘Ghosts’ receives full-season order at CBS - October 22, 2021