Apple Watches are well-known for their fitness monitoring capabilities as well as other non-health-related features. However, not everyone can afford or justify purchasing one. The ability to track your heart rate is one of the smartwatch’s most notable features. On the little screen, you may see a live graph representing your current BPM. It also saves this information in the Health app, allowing you to view the fluctuations on iOS.
Here are the greatest Apple Watch options available right now if you’re seeking to buy a new one. You can use the Google Fit app on an iPhone to measure your heart rate if you don’t have one. The detailed steps to take are listed below.
How to detect your heart rate without a smartwatch on an iPhone
- On your iPhone, go to the App Store and download the Google Fit app.
- Once the installation is complete, you can use it.
- You’ll be asked to check in using your Google account, which you should do.
- Scroll down until you find the Check your heart rate banner in the main Home tab.
- Force-quit the app and relaunch it if you don’t see the banner.
- Click Get started from the drop-down menu.
- Place your fingertip on the camera.
- If you’re in a dimly lit place, use the included toggle to turn on the flashlight.
- The reading will take about half a minute to finish.
- When you’re finished, you can save it to the Google Fit database if you want.
- Voila! You’re ready to go. This app allows you to measure your heart rate without the need of any gadgets.
- It should be noted, however, that this feature is not intended for medical use. If you suspect you have a cardiac condition, see a doctor right once.
They compared the realtime readings from Google Fit to the Apple Watch’s built-in heart rate sensor. When you held my phone steady and sat in a well-lit area, the readings were rather accurate. Given that an app just uses your iPhone’s camera while the Apple Watch has specific sensors, it’s incredible how comparable they were.
- Google doodle celebrates Sri Lanka’s Independence Day - February 4, 2023
- Netflix adds spatial audio to a lot more films and television series - February 2, 2023
- ChatGPT developer launches AI detection tool after complaints from school districts about cheating - February 1, 2023