Since its release last month, Laufey’s new album “Bewitched” has smashed a number of records.
The album set a record on Spotify by having the biggest jazz album debut day ever on the service.
Additionally, it made Laufey’s debut on the Billboard 200 all-genre chart at Number 23 and is still firmly established in the top 100 almost a month after its release.
The lead single from the album, “From The Start,” was also an enormous success, clocking up 1 million streams in less than 24 hours after release and an additional 1.75 million streams every day since. As a result, it is currently the jazz song with the most streams worldwide.
Laufey explained her motivations for exploring concepts of love, relationships, and romanticising one’s own life in an earlier interview with NME The Cover.
Laufey says, “I think love makes everyone really silly.,” “I remember the first time I went on a date, we had a glass of wine and we kissed and then I left in the rain, and I remember thinking, ‘Oh my god, it’s really like the movies!'”
Laufey is set to tour the UK and Europe in 2024.
- Saturday 10 – Dublin, The Academy
- Monday 12 – Glasgow, Saint Luke’s
- Wednesday 14 – Manchester, Albert Hall
- Thursday 15, Friday 16 and Saturday 17 – London, EartH
- Tuesday 20 – Paris, Le Trabendo
- Wednesday 21 – Brussels, La Madeleine
- Friday 23 – Hamburg, Gruenspan
- Monday 26 – Copenhagen, Vega
- Tuesday 27 – Berlin, Heimathafen Neukolin
- Thursday 29 – Milan, Magazzini Generali
- Sunday 3 – Lausanne, Les Docks
- Tuesday 5 – Cologne, Bürgerhaus Stoilwerck
- Wednesday 6 – Amsterdam, Melkweg
- Saturday 9 – Reykjavík, Eldborg Concert Hall
- Homeworld 3, a sci-fi RTS sequel, will be released in March - December 2, 2023
- Taylor Swift Will Receive Over $100 Million Just From Spotify In 2023 - December 2, 2023
- Google doodle celebrates the United Arab Emirates National Day - December 2, 2023