The college hockey season has begun, and ESPN/ESPN+ is the spot to watch dozens of matches between men’s and women’s teams all the way up to the Frozen Four and the finals.
On the men’s side, a large number of nonconference and independent games as well as every game from Hockey East and the ECAC will be streamed on ESPN+. The NCAA selection show and all of the NCAA tournament games, ending with the Frozen Four in St. Paul, Minnesota, on April 11 and 13, will be broadcast on the ESPN networks during the tournament.
The Women’s Frozen Four in Durham, New Hampshire, on March 21 and 23, as well as important interconference games, are all included in the coverage of women’s hockey.
ESPN+ will stream every game that airs on the ESPN networks.
Subscribe to ESPN+
TEAMS TO WATCH
Wisconsin is the current women’s champion, while Qunnipiac is attempting to defend its men’s title.
On the men’s side, top competitors include Denver and North Dakota in the NCHC, Boston University and Boston College in the Hockey East, Minnesota, Michigan, and Michigan State in the Big Ten.
On the women’s side, the Badgers could face competition from Ohio State, Colgate, Minnesota, Yale, Minnesota Duluth, and Northeastern.
For those keeping an eye on NHL prospects, Boston University is home to centre Macklin Celebrini, who is anticipated to be selected first overall in the 2024 draught, as well as defensemen Tom Willander and Lane Hutson, who were both selected in the first round by the Vancouver Canucks and Montreal Canadiens, respectively.
Along with having a tonne of first-round picks, Boston College also boasts top-10 picks in Cutter Gauthier (Flyers), Will Smith (Sharks), and Ryan Leonard (Capitals).
Goalie Trey Augustine (Red Wings) and defenceman Artyom Levshunov (2024 draft eligible) are two of the top players in the nation on the back end for Michigan State.
Other players to keep a watch on include Wisconsin centre Charlie Stramel (Wild), Minnesota wing Jimmy Snuggerud (Blues), UConn wing Matthew Wood (Predators), and Michigan defenseman Seamus Casey (Devils).
All times Eastern
- Nov. 28 — Women: Providence at Northeastern, 5 p.m.
- Dec. 31 — Men: Harvard at UConn, 3 p.m.
- Jan. 30 — Men: Boston University at Northeastern, 6:30 p.m.
Nonconference men’s games on ESPN+
- Oct. 13, 14 — Michigan at UMass, 7 p.m.
- Oct. 14 — AIC at Quinnipiac, 7 p.m.
- Oct. 20 — Denver at Providence, 7 p.m.
- Oct. 21 — Denver at Boston College, 7 p.m.
- Oct. 26, 27 — Michigan State at Boston College, 7 p.m.
- Oct. 27 — Michigan Tech at St. Lawrence, 7 p.m.
- Oct. 28 — Michigan Tech at Clarkson, 7:30 p.m.
- Nov. 3, 4 — North Dakota at Boston University, 7 p.m.
- Homeworld 3, a sci-fi RTS sequel, will be released in March - December 2, 2023
- Taylor Swift Will Receive Over $100 Million Just From Spotify In 2023 - December 2, 2023
- Google doodle celebrates the United Arab Emirates National Day - December 2, 2023