On Tuesday, Canada and Jamaica will compete for a seat in the 2024 Olympic Games in Paris. Canada defeated Jamaica 2-0 in the first leg of the series to take a 2-0 series lead. The Reggae Girlz, who hosted the opening match but failed to take advantage of home-field advantage, now have a lot of work to do if they want to secure the final Concacaf Olympic slot. Additionally, the victor of the two-leg series will be guaranteed a place in the next 2024 Concacaf W Gold Cup.
What you need know about the upcoming game is as follows:
- Date: Tuesday, Sept. 26 | Time: 7 p.m. ET
- Place: BMO Field — Toronto, Canada
- Stream: Paramount+
Canada: Following their two-goal win over Jamaica on Friday night, the Canadians are feeling good. Nichelle Prince’s first goal since returning from an Achilles injury gave the team a huge confidence boost. Head coach Bev Preistman may turn to the pair again to help secure an Olympic spot on home soil after Adrianna Leop scored the extra insurance goal.
Jamaica: The Reggae Girlz are behind Toronto by two goals when they enter the game. With only two attempts on goal against Canada, the team unable to take use of its opportunity. The trio will need to improve on their game one performances if Drew Spence, Jody Brown, and Kadiesia “Bunny” Shaw earn another chance to start.
The fact that Canada has a two-goal lead and history on their side will give them confidence. Jamaica is about to break its streak of never defeating Canada. Pick: Jamaica 1, 2 Canada
- Wrestler And Producer QT Marshall Announces Resigns From AEW - November 28, 2023
- Taylor Swift’s “Eras Tour” will be available for streaming in honour of her birthday - November 28, 2023
- Gotham Awards 2023: “Past Lives” Wins Best Feature Title – Know Complete Winners List - November 28, 2023