Anyone who already owns the PS4 version of the game can now play The Last of Us Part 2 Remastered on their PS5. If you already buy the PS4 version of the base game on the same PSN account, you can upgrade to the remastered edition of the PS5 remaster even though it is advertised as a single title.
The Last of Us Part 2’s digital and physical versions are also eligible for the update. Although updating to the PS5 remaster is a very simple process, players who are inexperienced with the PlayStation ecosystem or the way DLCs, expansions, and add-ons are handled on the PlayStation Store may find it challenging.
This is a thorough guide that will let you update The Last of Us Part 2 Remastered on the PS5 with ease. While a PlayStation Plus subscription is not necessary for the update, it is if you wish to move your PS4 trophy progress and saved games to the PS5 remaster.
Full steps for getting the PS5 update for The Last of Us Part 2 Remastered
To get the PS5 update for The Last of Us Part 2 Remastered, there are a few requirements. The first and most crucial need is that you should already own The Last of Us Part 2 on PS4 in disc or digital format, connected to your PSN. Maintaining a current PS+ subscription is the second prerequisite for carrying over your progress.
In-game progress from the PS4 version can be transferred to the PS5 remaster via a USB stick, albeit this method isn’t quite as simple, therefore you are not required to fulfil it. Every time you wish to play the game, the disc will be required if you own the original game’s physical version and choose to upgrade it to the remaster.
All current-generation PlayStation upgrades are available for $9.99, which is the price of the update. In light of this, follow these instructions to download the PS5 version of The Last of Us Part 2 Remastered:
- On your PS5, launch the PlayStation Store and select Collections.
- Select The Last of Us Part 2 from the list of titles under the PlayStation Studios page under Collections.
- When The Last of Us Part 2’s store page loads, scroll down, choose the PS5 Remastered upgrade, and complete the purchasing process.
- You will have the choice to download The Last of Us Part 2 (PS4 version) or the recently obtained remastered version after completing the payment and checkout process.
- Before you begin playing, choose the remaster and wait for the download to complete.
Make sure you have enough storage space on your console because The Last of Us Part 2 Remastered is approximately 80 megabytes in size. An external HDD or SSD cannot be used to install the remaster. Before you begin playing, take a look at our detailed tutorial on moving saved games from the PS4 version to the PS5.
- Tommy Hilfiger is joining the F1 Academy as an official partner - February 26, 2024
- Which 5 NHL teams have the most legendary players? - February 26, 2024
- The top 5 NBA players with the most wins at age 25 - February 26, 2024