For copying rival TikTok, Instagram is receiving heat.
Make Instagram Again is the message that appeared in stories posted by Kim Kardashian and Kylie Jenner on Monday. If just want to see adorable pictures of our friends, stop trying to be tiktok, you know.
You might have seen less interaction with your posts and more Reels in the past week on Instagram. Instagram’s algorithm updates are clogging up feeds with suggested videos rather than merely displaying you the posts of the accounts you follow.
On Tuesday morning, Instagram CEO Adam Mosseri released a video discussing UI modifications the firm has been testing.
In addition to trying a full-screen feed rather than its initial square format, the social media site is giving video content more of a priority since, according to Mosseri, “more and more of Instagram is going to become video over time.”
You can easily opt-out as Instagram works out these new design elements by adjusting your feed view so that you only see the accounts you want to.
What you should do is:
- On your phone, launch Instagram.
- In the top left corner, tap the Instagram logo.
- To view content from the accounts you follow, click “Following.”
You can compile a list of your “Favorite” accounts to see in order to further optimise your feed.
- To view content from accounts you’ve favorited, click “Favorites.”
- Click the menu button in the top right corner to update your “Favorites” list.
- Click “Add” after finding the profile of the account you wish to “Favorite.”
- Your “Favorite” accounts will now appear in a feed for you. If these accounts have an orange-red star in the top right-hand corner of their post, you’ll know you’ve marked them as “Favorites.”
- Click the menu icon, which resembles three dots, in the post’s top right corner to delete an account from “Favorites.”
- Tap “Remove from favorites.”
- Google doodle honors South African jazz pianist, composer, and journalist ‘Todd Matshikiza’ - September 25, 2023
- Maverick McNealy: Who is he? Everything you need to know about the American golfer - September 23, 2023
- How to protect NameDrop and stay safe on iOS 17 - September 23, 2023