Elden Ring received well over 3 billion total video views in the first 60 days after launch, making it one of YouTube’s biggest-ever gaming launches.
According to statistics, Elden Ring received 3.4 billion views in the first two months following release, much outpacing GTA 5 at 1.9 billion. It’s true that YouTube has expanded since GTA: San Andreas was released in 2013, making that comparison somewhat unfair; but, the far more recent Red Dead Redemption 2 (2018) saw 1.4 billion, making it very evident just how lucrative Elden Ring has been.
While YouTube Gaming refrains from referring to it as the greatest gaming launch ever, it is obvious that FromSoftware’s open world masterwork has set a very high standard for future YouTube games. That is mostly attributable to the demand for various types of media regarding the game, including Let’s plays, guides, and lore explanations.
Other statistics about the most popular Elden Ring launch videos were also released by YouTube Gaming:
Most Viewed launch videos:
- CoryxKenshin – Elden Ring is Rage Game of 2022 (6.2M views)
- AshesWolf- Elden Ring – MAX LEVEL 713 VS Bosses Gameplay (5.7M views)
- Boomstick Gaming – ELDEN RING | Get “Overpowered” At The Very Start (5.3M views)
- Joel Haver – Elden Ring from the NPC’s Perspective (5M views)
- JackSepticEye – Best Game In The Last 5 Years (4.8M views)
Channels with the most Elden Ring launch views:
- RageGamingVideos (946K subscribers) with 71.6M views
- FightinCowboy (1.07M subscribers) with 39.6M views
- Arekkz Gaming (1.29M subscribers) with 39M views
Content Type Breakdown:
- VOD – 71.3%
- Livestreams – 25.98%
- Shorts – 2.72%
Uploads By Bosses (descending order)
- Margit, The Fell Omen
- Malenia Blade of Miquella
- Godrick the Grafted
- Starscourge Radahn
- Draconic Tree Sentinel
Uploads by Character Class (descending order)
Additionally, YouTube Gaming recognised several of the most well-known creators in the Elden Ring community with “Elden Lord Awards”:
- VaatiVidya (2.27M subscribers) – Lore Specialist
- Fextralife (574K subscribers) – All-Knowing Guide
- Distortion2 (313K subscribers) – Bloodhound Stepper
- Zullie the Witch (439K subscribers) – Soulsborne Scholar
- RichaadEB (568K subscribers) – Tarnished Tunemaker
Finally, the team recognised Let Me Solo Her, who is arguably Elden Ring’s most well-known hero. This player defeated the game’s most difficult boss more than a thousand times and was rewarded with a genuine sword for their efforts. Let Me Solo Her videos alone have received over 25 million views, according to YouTube Gaming.
All of this serves as additional evidence that Elden Ring is a genuine gaming phenomenon. It soon rose to the top of Steam’s concurrent player charts, one of the fastest-selling games in recent memory in the US and Europe, and the list of titles with the highest reviews ever.
In our 10/10 review, you gave it a masterpiece rating and said it “can easily be held amongst the best open-world games I’ve ever played. Like The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild before it, Elden Ring is one that we’ll be looking back on as a game that moved a genre forward.”
- Google doodle celebrates Sri Lanka’s Independence Day - February 4, 2023
- Netflix adds spatial audio to a lot more films and television series - February 2, 2023
- ChatGPT developer launches AI detection tool after complaints from school districts about cheating - February 1, 2023