On Thursday, Nintendo and Sega added four additional games to the Sega Genesis library for users of the Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pack. One of these games is the classic Zero Wing, a side-scrolling shooter with an infamous English-language translation.
Taoplan’s extensively memed Zero Wing now includes:
- Mega Man: The original three Mega Man Genesis games were recreated in 16-bit detail in Mega Man: The Wily Wars by Capcom. In Mega Man: The Wily Wars, players who finish all three games can enter Wily Tower, where a new boss awaits them.
- Comix Zone, The side-scrolling action game Comix Zone was modelled around the panel layout of a comic book. Play as the superhero, martial arts expert, and comic book creator Sketch Turner, who is stuck in the world he made for comic books and has to battle his way out.
- Target Earth, In the run-and-gun shooter Target Earth, players command Rex and his Assault Suit to defend the Earth from hostile Chron cyborgs.
The premium level of Nintendo’s online subscription service, Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pack, grants access to online multiplayer for Switch games, a selection of expansions and downloadable content, as well as a library of Nintendo 64 and Sega Genesis games (in addition to NES and Super NES games). Comix Zone, Mega Man: The Wily Wars, Target Earth, and Zero Wing are now included in the list of Sega Genesis games available to Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pack users.
A family plan for Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pack costs $79.99 annually, compared to $49.99 for individual users (for up to eight users).
- How to watch the Heisman Trophy ceremony in 2023 - December 5, 2023
- This Week: “Killers of the Flower Moon” Will Be Available on Digital - December 5, 2023
- Google doodle celebrates the art of Đờn Ca Tài Tử, a traditional genre of southern Vietnamese chamber music - December 5, 2023