Science Day: Government of India assigned February 28 as National Science Day in 1986.
National Science Day (NSD) is praised each year on February 28 to honor the disclosure of the ‘Raman Effect’. Administration of India assigned February 28 as National Science Day in 1986. On this day, Sir CV Raman reported the revelation of the ‘Raman Effect’ for which he was granted the Nobel Prize in 1930. On this event, subject based science correspondence exercises are completed everywhere throughout the nation. Topic for the National Science Day 2020 is “Ladies in Science”.
This year, the National Science Day will be praised at Vigyan Bhawan on February 28 with ladies in science as the central subject of the program. President Ram Nath Kovind will show a few honors for science correspondence and promotion just as for ladies researchers.
National Science Day 2020: Important focuses
- In 1986, the National Council for Science and Technology Communication (NCSTC) solicited the Government from India to articulate February 28 as National Science Day, for which the then Government acknowledged and pronounced the day as National Science Day.
- The essential goal of festivity of National Science Day is to spread the message of significance of science and its application among the individuals.
- The principal National Science Day was commended on February 28, 1987.
- Topic for the National Science Day 2020 is “Ladies in Science”.
- National Council for Science and Technology Communication (NCSTC) of Department of Science and Technology (DST) is nodal organization to help catalyze and arrange festivity of the National Science Day all through the nation, especially in logical establishments and research labs.
- DST founded National Awards in 1987 to invigorate, support and perceive exceptional endeavors in the region of science advancement and correspondence and in advancing logical temper.
- Sir CV Raman, who got the most elevated regular citizen grant from his nation of origin, the Bharat Ratna, in 1954, started his tests for contemplating the dissipating of light; and in this way came the Raman Spectroscopy for watching the vibrational, rotational and other low recurrence modes in a framework. This is generally utilized in compound research centers and fills in as the ‘unique mark’ for the substance from which the light is dispersed.
- As indicated by the institute reference, the Nobel Prize in Physics 1930 was granted to Sir Chandrasekhara Venkata Raman “for his work on the dissipating of light and for the revelation of the impact named after him”.
An aggregate of 21 honors will be given which will incorporate National Science and Technology and Communication Awards, Augmenting Writing Skills For Articulating Research (AWSAR) grants, SERB Women Excellence Awards and National Award For Young Woman Showing Excellence Through Application Of Technology For Societal Benefits.
Dr Harsh Vardhan, Minister of Science and Technology and Smriti Irani, Minister for Textiles will likewise effortlessness the event.
The event will incorporate a talk of famous researcher Prof Gagandeep Kang, Director of the Translational Health Science and Technology Institute (THSTI), Faridabad who is first ladies FRS of India to chat on the subject of the NSD-2020.
NSD Theme has been decided to build open valuation for the logical issues included.
National Council for Science and Technology Communication (NCSTC), Department of Science and Technology (DST) goes about as a nodal organization to help, catalyze and facilitate festivity of the National Science Day all through the nation in logical establishments, inquire about research facilities and self-governing logical foundations related with the Department of Science and Technology.
NCSTC has upheld different projects countrywide by supporting its State S&T Councils and Departments for association of talks, tests, open houses, and so forth.
DST organized National Awards for Science Popularization in February 1987 to animate, energize and perceive exceptional endeavors in the region of science and innovation for advancement, correspondence and advancing logical temper. These honors are introduced each year on National Science Day.