Yoga is the dance of each cell with the music of each breath that makes internal serenity and harmony. International Yoga Day 2021 will be seen on June 21 this year to feature the significance of Yoga and the essential role it plays in rejuvenating our brain and the body, leading to a healthier lifestyle.
Yoga gives physical and mental relaxation as well as develops strength and resilience. The various benefits of Yoga make it a popular practice for individuals across the globe, particularly in the midst of a pandemic when mental and physical health is under stress.
Theme for International Yoga Day 2021:
As indicated by the UN website, the theme for International Yoga Day 2021 is ‘Yoga for well-being’, for example how the act of Yoga can advance the all holistic health of each person. With the COVID-19 pandemic exacerbating psychological suffering and mental wellness issues, numerous individuals have been accepting Yoga to stay healthy and to battle isolation and depression.
Yoga assumes a significant part in the psycho-social care and rehabilitation of COVID-19 patients in quarantine and isolation. According to the site, the message of Yoga in advancing both the physical and mental well-being of humanity has never been more pertinent. The World Health Organization (WHO) has additionally asked its member states to rehearse Yoga and has included it for its Global Action Plan for actual work 2018-30.
History of International Yoga Day:
Yoga is accepted to have begun in India millennia prior and furthermore discovers notice in ancient mythological books like the Rig Veda. On 27 September 2014, Prime Minister Narendra Modi, during his discourse at the United Nations (UN) General Assembly, proposed the idea of practicing ‘Yoga Day’.
In his discourse, Modi named Yoga as an ‘invaluable gift of India’s ancient tradition’ and featured the significance of yoga for keeping up ‘harmony between man and nature’. The draft goal passed by India was upheld by 177 countries and the first International Yoga Day was celebrated on June 21, 2015.
Importance of Yoga Day:
Yoga Day is celebrated across the globe to feature the significance of Yoga and how it has been advantageous in keeping the body and mind in sound health. Considered as an all encompassing methodology and focusing on the various systems of the body and the mind, Yoga renews the mind with confidence. It quiets the mind and improves concentration and patience. Practicing asanas and pranayama controls the filtration of the internal system of the organs. The energy created in the body through these actual activities physical exercises is then channelled into meditation for peace, steadiness and quiet.
How to celebrate Yoga Day:
Since Yoga Day during the current year will be commended in the midst of the pandemic, it is advisable for you to observe Yoga Day inside and by partaking in virtual events. Here are some captivating and fascinating ways with regards to which you can observe International Yoga Day 2021:
- You can take part in the virtual occasion facilitated by the Permanent Mission of India to the UN and can practice asanas. You can likewise partake in a panel discussion to talk about the current year’s Yoga theme.
- If you are a fitness freak, you can join a yoga withdraw and acquire new skills and find new spots. An online Yoga retreat is budget-friendly and is not difficult to get to.
- You can connect with yourself by going to an International Yoga Day live occasion and go out to do Yoga.
- You can search for an online yoga class and arrange a live yoga session with your loved ones.
- The most ideal approach to observe Yoga Day is by learning a new Yoga posture. One can watch tutorials on the internet and try various Yoga postures, as Jivamukti, Bikram, Yin, Ashtanga.
- You can likewise get yourself a healthy and low-fat diet on Yoga Day. Take a stab at learning another formula that improves your well-being.
- You can make a serene, peaceful place at home and can meditate for extended periods of time on Yoga Day.
Happy International Yoga Day!
Disclaimer: The views, suggestions, and opinions expressed here are the sole responsibility of the experts. No Feature Weekly journalist was involved in the writing and production of this article.