Instagram may be rolling back its poorly received TikTok-inspired layout and reducing the app’s continual barrage of recommendations, but recommended content will still occasionally appear in your feed. It turns out there’s a remedy for that you might not be aware of; up until Instagram CEO Adam Mosseri casually mentioned it in one of his Stories earlier this week, I had no idea there was a patch for.
For a period of 30 days, you can snooze recommendations and suggested posts from your main Instagram feed. Hallelujah! Even better, it only requires a few taps.
HOW TO SNOOZE INSTAGRAM FEED RECOMMENDATIONS FOR 30 DAYS
- You should go through your main Instagram feed until you find a suggested post. They frequently come with explanations for why you’re seeing them, like “because you saw a reel from ____” or “because you follow .”
- At the top right, click the X. When you do this, text indicating that the particular post has been hidden will appear. However, my friends, we won’t stop at removing one suggestion. We want to be as free of them as we can be.
- Select Snooze all suggested posts in feed for 30 days from the options given.
- A green checkmark will then appear, indicating that your feed will no longer include suggested posts for the following 30 days.
And with that, everything is set. Remember that removing suggested posts from your feed won’t prevent you from seeing Instagram’s numerous in-feed adverts. However, it’s a useful approach to exert at least some more control over how the programme functions for you.
Remember that you may now order your feed chronologically by selecting Following when you hit the Instagram logo in the top left corner.
- Here is when you can play the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II beta when it launches next month - August 8, 2022
- ChromeOS 104 is coming with new features - August 6, 2022
- Toyota is currently offering to buy back recalled bZ4X EVs - August 6, 2022