Oxygen is required for a fire to start and continue burning. It is also necessary for humans (who are present at your special event) to breathe. Fire spreads at breakneck speeds. If a fire starts, your life could be in jeopardy in a matter of seconds. Unfortunately, a growing fire will win the oxygen war and choke, burn, or kill anyone who is in its way. To prevent any such happening at your special event, you need to be very cautious at all times. From monitoring every guests’ action to stopping anyone from doing anything risky, you may find yourself preoccupied enough to do all this. That is why you should hire professional fire watch guards for your party. They will take over the responsibility and you will have one less thing to worry about.
What Do They Do?
- Fire watch guards are trained to prevent fires and cease small fires. They undergo extensive training to qualify for their profession and receive certification.
- Their job is specifically to look for any flammable substance lying around that can catch fire or cause a collapse due to issues related to fire.
The Following Are The Key Responsibilities Of Special Event Fire Watching Guards And Officials:
- All actions are logged in a fire logging document.
- Monitoring of all parts of the venue regularly till the event ends.
- In case of a fire, they will first try to put it out. If the fire is a small one, they will be successful in doing that. But if the fire continues to grow, then they will alert the fire control department and call the police.
What Is The Process Of Hiring Fire Watchmen?
While planning events, it is very cumbersome to continuously add, remove and update things on the agenda and to-do list. But however inconvenient it may seem, you cannot forget or neglect to add fire safety personnel to your hiring list. It’s simple to choose the ideal fire watch crew for your event if you know what to look for.
Characteristics you seek in a fire watch team: while hiring a fire watching team, you need to look out for the following: their efficiency and your budget. Taking the time to consider what you require when hiring a fire watcher for your special event can make the hiring process much simpler and easier.
For fire watch personnel to do their jobs effectively, they must have a thorough understanding of the area or venue they are responsible for, as well as any potential hazards. You should also provide a priority list to the fireguards so that they know what needs to be protected first. If you are unsure, you can request a site evaluation. The crew will evaluate the place and provide you with a rough estimate.
Hiring a fire-watching crew for special events like parties or concerts is extremely important, as this is a matter of life and death. When you compare the cost of $25-$40 with the cost of repairing an entire burnt down site (which may run into millions), you will understand how negligible this price is.