Eric Clapton is getting back to the road in September for an eight-city run of North American shows. It starts off September thirteenth at Dickies Arena in Fort Worth, Texas, and wraps up September 26th at the Seminole Hard Rock in Hollywood, Florida. As indicated by a press release, these will be his solitary North American dates for the year. Tickets go on sale this Friday on Ticketmaster.com, and will likewise be accessible on Vivid Seats.
His band will include guitarist Doyle Bramhall II, organist Paul Carrack, bassist Nathan East, drummers Sonny Emory and Steve Gadd, keyboardist Chris Stainton, and backup singers Sharon White and Katie Kissoon. Jimmie Vaughan will fill in as the opening act.
Clapton has not performed in broad daylight since the beginning of the pandemic. Yet, he worked up a lot of controversy by collaborating with Van Morrison on his anti-lockdown song “Stand and Deliver.” “Do you want to be a free man,” he sang on the widely panned song. “Or do you want to be a slave?”
Clapton caused an even greater uproar in May when he released a public letter blaming the AstraZeneca antibody for severe numbness in his grasp in the days that made him dread he’d always be unable to play guitar once more. “I continue to tread the path of passive rebellion and try to toe the line in order to be able to actively love my family,” he wrote, “but it’s hard to bite my tongue with what I now know.”
As numerous doctors and medical experts brought up, it’s difficult to say whether the vaccine caused his symptoms, and Clapton said he was suffering from peripheral neuropathy before he even got the shot.
Eric Clapton 2021 North American Tour Dates
- September 13th – Fort Worth, TX @ Dickies Arena
- September 15th – Austin, TX @ Frank Erwin Center
- September 17th – Houston, TX @ Toyota Center
- September 18th – New Orleans, LA @ Smoothie King Center
- September 21st – Nashville, TN @ Bridgestone Arena
- September 23rd – Atlanta, GA @ Gas South Arena
- September 25th – Tampa, FL @ Amalie Arena
- September 26th – Hollywood, FL @ Seminole Hard Rock
- Google launches “Continuous Scrolling” feature for desktop search - December 6, 2022
- Google doodle celebrates Finland Independence Day - December 6, 2022
- Google doodle celebrates the 83rd birthday of Kuwaiti actor, singer, playwright, and comedian ‘Abdulhussain Abdulredha’ - December 6, 2022