The winners of the BAFTA Games Awards have been reported, and Hades took home the prize for the best game of 2020.
In addition to Best Game, Hades additionally won BAFTAs for Artistic Achievement, Best Game, Game Design, Narrative, and Performer in a Supporting Role for Logan Cunningham. Cunningham played six roles in the game, including Lord Hades, Poseidon, and Achilles.
The Last of Us Part 2, which procured 13 nominations, won BAFTAs for Animation and Performer in a Leading Role for Laura Bailey. Bailey played Abby and this BAFTA was her first win.
Animal Crossing: New Horizons won Game Beyond Entertainment and Multiplayer, while Sackboy: A Big Adventure won British Game and Family.
The full list of winners for the BAFTA Games Awards 2021 are as per the follows:
- Best Game – Hades
- British Game – Sackboy: A Big Adventure
- Animation – The Last of Us Part 2
- Artistic Achievement – Hades
- Audio Achievement – Ghost of Tsushima
- Debut Game – Carrion
- Evolving Game – Sea of Thieves
- Family Game – Sackboy: A Big Adventure
- Game Beyond Entertainment – Animal Crossing: New Horizons
- Game Design – Hades
- Multiplayer Game – Animal Crossing: New Horizons
- Music – Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales
- Narrative – Hades
- Original Property – Kentucky Route Zero: TV Edition
- Performer in a Leading Role – Laura Bailey as Abby in The Last of Us Part 2
- Performer in a Supporting Role – Logan Cunningham as Hades, Achilles, Poseidon, Asterius, Charon, and the Storyteller in Hades
- EE Game of the Year (Voted by the Public) – The Last of Us Part 2
This Best Game BAFTA is simply another feather in the cap for Hades, a game that not just won IGN’s Match of the Year for 2020, yet additionally did the same in the SXSW Gaming Awards 2021 and the Gayming Awards 2021.
Disclaimer: The views, suggestions, and opinions expressed here are the sole responsibility of the experts. No Feature Weekly journalist was involved in the writing and production of this article.