Work schedules, bad diets, sedentary lives, inconsistent sleeping patterns, and other factors have contributed to the rise of lifestyle diseases such as diabetes and pre-diabetes.
Pre-diabetes, as the name implies, is a condition in which blood sugar levels are higher than normal but not high enough to be classified as diabetes. “you are pre-diabetic if your HbA1C (average blood sugar levels) falls in the range of 5.6 to 6.5,” says an Ayurvedic expert.
symptoms of pre – diabetes?
- Thirst that is excessive
- Tiredness (lack of energy)
- Polyurea is a kind of polyurethane (frequent urination)
- Weight loss that was unintentional
- Hunger has increased.
- Numbness or tingling in the hands or feet, for example
Ayurvedic tips for control pre-diabetes
1. Stop using white sugar and replace it with natural sugar: Natural sugar from fruits, jaggery, honey, and other sources can be consumed in moderation, but white sugar should be avoided entirely. “It is just empty calories, and does not provide any nutrition to the body.” the expert said.
2. Exercise or practise yoga for 40-60 minutes daily: Exercising or practising yoga for 40-60 minutes daily, including meditation or pranayama, is extremely useful for pre-diabetic individuals. “It’s mandatory to stay active in order to improve your metabolism and also for the optimum functioning of pancreas,” the specialist stated.
3. Take nisha-amalki on a daily basis: This ayurvedic formula for controlling blood sugar levels is made by blending equal parts amla powder and turmeric powder. Take 2gms of the powder and mix it with warm water before drinking it on an empty stomach.
4. Eat early dinners: Three hours before bedtime, stop eating to allow for “optimum liver detoxification.” Maintain a three-hour interval between each meal, such as breakfast, lunch, and dinner, experts said.
5. Get enough sleep: Getting 7-8 hours of restful sleep is the most effective approach to boost your immunity, reduce chronic inflammation, manage physical and emotional stress, and improve hormonal imbalances.
- Are You Ready? Betelgeuse, the Brightest Star, Will Nearly Vanish Next Week—How to See This Celestial Show - December 8, 2023
- Game Awards 2023: How to watch 10th annual Awards show stream live - December 8, 2023
- The Last of Us’ second season will premiere in 2025 - December 7, 2023